Saturday 25 June 2011

Hello Glastonbury!




Amazing, here I am backstage at Glastonbury with Uncle Eric Pickles and co!!  Last night I took a call from a frantic Michael Eavis. He told me that a headline act was pulling out and he had key slot on the Pyramid stage that needed filling. Basically he begged me to see if D:Eric and the Dominoes could reform for one last performance. If you can remember we have gone down well at a previous gig so I got on the blower to the other band members to see what I could do. Great news – Uncle Eric, Grant and Bob jumped at the chance, unfortunately Nick couldn’t persuade Mrs Sheridan-Westlake to let him go ( - that’s his mother not wife if you were wondering).  So early this morning all of us, except Uncle Eric, piled into the back of transit van and headed down the M4. Uncle E insisted on travelling down in the Jag - that man thinks he is bigger than Bono!

So at 9pm hit the red button and you are going to be in for a treat. I can exclusively real the set list below and I know you are going to love it.

Sabotage – Beastie Boys
Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
Spell bound – Siouxsie and Banshees
Devil woman – Cliff Richard
Call me – Blondie
We don’t talk anymore – Cliff Richard
Do you really want to hurt me – Culture Club
She drives me crazy – Fine Young Cannibals
Two Tribes – Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Trash – Genesis
You can’t always get want you want – Rolling Stones

ENCORE

Loser – Beck
I am the walrus – The Beatles


All our needs are being catered for backstage and our specific requests for our rider have been met so far. Grant Shapps demanded a bowel of only blue M&Ms and a full length mirror, though Uncle Eric said that he would eat the other M&Ms so there will be no smelly waste. Uncle E has asked for a Chicken Tikka Masala and Bob some sanatogen ( go easy on the drugs dude). Our final demand is for our rubbish to be collected hourly and dumped in a landfill site – b*llocks to recycling -  this is Rock and Roll.

2 comments:

  1. Derek - I saw your work was covered in the Local Government Chronicle this week. I am glad you have received recognition for the sterling work you have performed. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete